GTK application do not respect KDE colors, weird theme problems.

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:04:05 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Since my upgrade to F12/4.3.4 (and unlike F11/4.3.4 - while using the
same home) GTK application no longer respect the KDE colors and font
selection.
Far worse, I'm seeing weird artifacts in GTK application (such as
http://gilboadavara.thecodergeek.com/pulse-volume-control-gtk-under-kde.png.)

If I switch to GNOME, the artifacts are gone.
Switching kwin composition effects off and on had zero effect - so we
can more-or-less rule out graphic card issues.

- Gilboa
P.S. I do have a .gtkrc-2.0 file (Font sizes, icon-set, theme) - but
removing it had zero effect.