GTK application do not respect KDE colors, weird theme problems.

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Fri Dec 18 17:53:21 UTC 2009

http://gilboadavara.thecodergeek.com/pulse-volume-control-gtk-under-kde.png.)

> If I switch to GNOME, the artifacts are gone.
> Switching kwin composition effects off and on had zero effect - so we
> can more-or-less rule out graphic card issues.
>
> - Gilboa
> P.S. I do have a .gtkrc-2.0 file (Font sizes, icon-set, theme) - but
> removing it had zero effect.

I've seen this on a few PC's too (I think). I had to edit
/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and change the theme from Clearlooks to Nodoka.

Perhaps that's similar to your problem? :)

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies