NOTE: KDE SC 4.4 Beta 2 (aka 4.2.85) is coming to kde-redhat/unstable shortly

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 01:50:10 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:

> These are what we already know about, so, when/if trying to upgrade, no
> need to report these.  If you see anything not mentioned here, please
> do mention them.
I uninstalled konq-plugins, kipi-plugins(-libs), digikam(-libs) and koffice-krita,
as mentioned previously. Clearly, they will get reinstalled once new version
available.

I also uninstalled knetworkmanager(-libs) and kde-plasma-networkmanagement. Are
these still part of kde-4.4? Or will I just leave them uninstalled?

I decided to reboot. It was not great. Upon login, plasma crashed almost instantly.
I have yakuake, so f12 produced a console, so I tried to rerun plasma-desktop.
Another crash, ad infinitum. I am left with a black screen, a mouse pointer and 4
desktops that I can navigate to be moving the mouse (I have those edges enabled, so
that it just continues to the neighbouring desktop).

This is the only time I would ever say, "Thank God for gnome." At least I can still
use my desktop computer :-))

All in all, there is probably not that much brokem, as the panel shows up with all
of the plasmoids, for about 20-30 seconds before the crash. Also, despite being in
gnome right now, I am using dolphin and knode. I see no problems.

I also got a crash dump, which I will attempt to attach here.