PreUpgrade help, please

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:19:48 UTC 2009

On Monday 21 December 2009 14:04:40 Anne Wilson wrote:
> Installed system-config-display and ran it.  Rebooted and - black screen,
>  white  rectangular cursor!
>
> It looks as though I might have to find my old F11 disks and give up
>  altogether  on F12.

During one of my efforts I noticed a message to the effect that kstartupconfig4
seems to be missing.  I didn't see the whole of the message, as the text was
large and the box small, with no way to get at the rest.  Maybe this is part
of the problem.

Half of me wants to go on fighting this - it's always good to learn - and the
other half says that I should stop wasting time and either try a clean install
or go back to F11.