Kontact on 4.3.85

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 28 14:09:39 UTC 2009

I *think* I didn't post this question before Christmas, but since I'm just
recovering from flu, please forgive me if I'm duplicating it.

Since moving to 4.3.85 I've had quite a lot of problems with KDE-pim.  Kontact
often won't start.  Most of the time I can't get it to start from my panel
icon, a desktop icon, or krunner, but usually it will start from konsole.
When I do get it running I find that akregator doesn't run within kontact.
I've no clue whatsoever on that one.

A couple of things I've noticed,that may or may not be clues to the KMail
problems.

kontact(3960) KMKernel::getFolder: Folder not found: "/Local"

What is it expecting to find here?  The clue seems to be in the Akonadi
Confiuration module.  Three resources are defined there, my addressbook and
remote diary, both of which have been there for a while, and new one, Local.
It seems that that looks at /home/anne/.local/share/local-mail - and I can see
no reason whatsoever for that.  I'm tempted to try pointing it to
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/ - but the setting seems so
bizarre that I thought I should check first.

KDE Community Working Group