When will KDE4.2 hit the F10 Stable repo... (nice work, btw...)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 4 16:09:47 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Yes and no. If you just blindly do a "yum update" with updates-testing
> enabled, you'll get testing versions of everything you have installed,
> which may or may not be good. My usual practice is to do "yum
> --enablerepo=updates-testing update <package>" which presumably lessens
> the risk somewhat.

That said, there's no single package to list for the KDE update. You need to
list every package (binary package, the update info lists only the source
packages) included in the KDE update which you have installed. It's not
easy to get such a list.

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing groupupdate kde-desktop
can approximate it somehow, but may be missing important library updates.

        Kevin Kofler