Shutdown doesn't

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 5 18:26:18 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 17:55:15 Martin Kho wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2009 17:52:02 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Starting yesterday, I can't shutdown from kickoff.  The screen goes
> > greyscale and gkrellm shows no activity at all - but nothing happens.  A
> > click on the desktop brings back the colour and gkrellm continues as
> > though nothing had happened.  The only way I can shut down is to do it
> > from a root konsole.
> >
> > Any suggestions for where to start looking?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Don't have this problem - shutdown with Konsole, Dolphin and KMail open.
> Maybe gkrellm caused the problem?

Don't see why it would - it has been installed and running as long as F10.
It's either an update (and I don't remember one in the last 24 hours) or a
config change somewhere.  SystemSettings still says that Everybody can shut
down.

Of course it's possible that something is hanging and that it's waiting for a
timeout.  I left it a few minutes, but not for an hour or more.  But if it
were that, would clicking on the desktop bring it back to life?