No support in KDE4 for Firefox ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:55:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 11:50 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Eelko Berkenpies <fedora at berkenpies.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Firefox is based on GTK instead of Qt which KDE4 is based on.
> >
> > On a side note, this is a better addon, imho, for firefox to blend into
> > KDE4.x: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7962
> >
> > Oxygen ftw! :)
> >
> > --
> > Eelko Berkenpies
> > http://www.berkenpies.nl/
> >

> > On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:14:04 -0700, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> What is this guy talking about ?
> >>
> >> "While I think that Konqueror is a great browser there is sadly no real
> >> KDE 4 support for my favorite browser, Firefox, except the Nokia beta
> >> Qt4 port or the theme "
> >>
> >> http://www.internetling.com/2009/02/04/chrome-on-kde4-why-not/
>

> Would be interesting if Konqueror could swap out engines between
> KHTML, WebKit and Gecko

Very interesting, I agree.

Firefox 3.1 is supposed to use a lot less memory than 3.0x, but its
still way heavier than Konqueror.  Konq with a good, no error engine
would be very, very good, maybe the best.

Someone needs to embed the python engine in Konqueror so that there is
way to write scripts for it.