Device Notifier Icon on panel missing

RDB techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Sun Feb 8 03:23:10 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 February 2009 21:21:51 Rex Dieter wrote:
> RDB wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I just got KDE-4.2 from F10 update-testing repo. For some reason, the
> > Device Notifier icon my panel only show the question mark icon as if it
> > were a missing icon. Anyone else seeing this ?
>
> Fine here.
>
> Can you reproduce with a fresh user?

Yes. I created a new fresh user, login with KDE, added Device Notifier widged
on the panel, and got the Question Mark icon.

> Maybe even try nuking your kde pixmap cache:
> rm -rf /var/tmp/kdecache-<username>/kpc
> and logout/login

Tried that, didn't work either.

Is it possible somehow that I lost the icon during update ? Here is what I
did:
yum --enablerepo=updates-testing groupupdate kde-desktop

Thanks for the suggestions.
RDB