Advice on upgrade

Manoel Couder manoel at swing.be
Mon Feb 9 02:32:40 UTC 2009

Dear fedora-kde list,

I plan to switch from fedora 8 to fedora 10 in the next few days and I need
your advise on a few strategic matters related to kde. Until now, when I
upgraded, I usually created a brand new installation, including my user name.
I would carefully attribute the same uid and guid as in my previous
installation. I would then put my data back in the newly created /home/me and
than slowly put back in the /home/me/.kde/ directory the few config files
that I need/want (bookmarks, kopete config, kabc data, kwallet...). I really
liked the idea to start with a configuration as clean as possible, using the
default config. But this time, kde is very different.

My question is what do you advise me to do ? Should I just keep my old .kde
directory ? Can I copy just the files I really need and hope the kde4 treat
them the same way?

Thanks,

Manoel