Korganizer delete difficulty

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:00:12 UTC 2009

Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 February 2009 20:45:56 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>> Neal Becker wrote:
>> > Mine shows 'file resource'.  I guess akonadi is disabled then.  What do
>> > you expect it to say?
>>
>> Mine: Akonadi compatibility resource. I'm sticking with that until this
>> is sorted out.
>>

> Petrus
>
> Recovery should be relatively simple.
>
> Are you able to add a resource? That is, if you look at the top right
> corner of the dialog box you should see three icons from left to "a plus
> sign", "a piece of paper with a pencil" and "a minus sign." If you click
> on the plus sign, you should see a list of resouce types. Choose,
> "Calendar in Local File." In the "Name" field enter "Default KOrganizer
> resource" without the quotation marks. The calendar format should be
> "ICalendar" In the "location" field naviage to:
>
> ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics
>
> If the file is not there then you will need to create a blank file. It is
> a standard text file.
>
> Once the resource is created you will need to right click on the resource
> and then "Use as Default Calendar."
>
> Eli

Then I won't be using akonadi anymore, right? I would be reverting to the
old system, non?

Aside from the minor unsightly, but sweep-under-the-rug-able, disorder with
respect to expired entries, akonadi is working fine for me. Barring data
corruption or breakage (unlikely, I would expect), I can live with this
until it is fixed, as I am sure it must be a priority.

[What I find a nuisance is that knode crashes 98% of the time as soon as
one tries to post a message. I reported that, too.]