Possible solution. Was: What is the status of ksynaptics in KDE4.2 ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 13:58:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 06:51 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > a) Install the Xorg synaptics touchpad driver.  Unfortunately, I don't
> > think there are any RPMs for Fedora.  It builds with a simple make and
> > su make install.  You can get the source from here:
> >
> > http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/
>
> How's that different from the xorg-x11-drv-synaptics in Fedora?

It isn't.   As a matter of fact, xorg-x11-drv-synaptics is a newer
version of it.  I'm trying to figure out why 'yum list *synaptics*'
didn't find that package.

Thanks for taking the time to point that out.

So what is the status of that driver ?  Is it stable ? Should it be used
as the basis of a new app ?

I haven't looked at the source code for it yet.   Does it use the
libsynaptics library or does it directly talk to the Synaptics device ?

Thanks