qt-4.5 must be what we needed

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Feb 15 17:55:55 UTC 2009

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> All last week, the systray was just a long black void, unable to display any
> icons on the running programs (hovering, showed the tooltips and they could be
> clicked, so worked).
>
> After this morning's update, I assume it must have been qt-4.5 that is
> responsible, all the icons are back and everything looks super!

Nod, remaining systray rendering issues are indeed reportedly addressed
by qt-4.5.  That said, there are also known breakage with qt-4.5 +
kde-4.2.0, which we're working on to id and fix asap.

And before anyone asks, this is rawhide only for now, and we have no
immediate plans for pushing qt-4.5 to stable releases.  We'll only
consider doing that once we're reasonably certain of a stable and
regression-free kde-4.2.x experience.  That said, qt-4.5-rc builds may
end up showing up in kde-redhat/unstable soon, but I'll give folks ample
notice before doing that.

-- Rex