Changing plasma theme

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Tue Feb 17 16:34:48 UTC 2009

 Again, is it just me, or is the desktop theme configuration tool completely broken?

Firstly it is hidden under non-intuitively under "Advanced Desktop Settings."

Secondly, If I try to change the theme (choosing from the drop down list at the top left) it
doesn't enable the Apply button at the bottom.
If I try to change one of the individual elements, the apply button is enabled,
but it pops up a message box saying "To change your desktop theme to
"(Customized)"  open Desktop Settings and select "(Customized)" from the
droplist. It then doesn't actually change anything.

It looks like KDE 4.2 sucks in Fedora 10 rather a lot more than I thought it would,
especially as compared with KDE 4.1.

Apologies if the formatting is broken, but Knode pastes text in an extremely strange unformatted way... yet another bug report I feel.

Jeremy