Changing plasma theme

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 17 16:59:35 UTC 2009

Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> Ah - that seemed to do something. I'm not sure what the advanced dialog
> does, then. It doesn't seem to have any effect. Is it simply for
> installing themes?

It's for mixing and matching parts of different themes.

> However, it's also unclear why black themes like "Oxygen" now appear to be
> blue-green when enabled - at least my panel is blue-green. In the
> Appearance Settings dialog they still appear to be black. The preview
> doesn't match the outcome at all.

It's a feature of the new Oxygen theme to be black. The "preview" only shows
some basics of the color scheme, it's not a real preview.

Try Nitro, which you can install from kde-look.org through the settings
dialog, if you want a black version of it.

        Kevin Kofler