Changing plasma theme

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Tue Feb 17 17:08:48 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Are there other issues, or are you basing this judgement on your single
> problem?

I was overreacting a bit, but it does seem to cause quite a few problems
after updating:

* KWin often crashes when the desktop is unlocked with desktop effects
enabled. This is new to KDE 4.2 vs 4.1.

* The shortcut keys often don't work in applications, e.g. Ctrl+S in Kate,
see message I posted earlier. I've only seen this in KDE 4.2. This is really
annoying when it happens.

* Changing the default theme from black to blue-green and making it hard to
change the theme.

* Random X crashes when using desktop effects, when KDE 4.1 was largely
okay, though I could be blaming it unfairly on KDE - maybe it's an nvidia
driver issue.

* I also had some problems with Jack not being available to Phonon on
updating - there were annoying error messages saying it wasn't available. I
had to change the priority of Phonon devices. Maybe this was because I was
running the beta at that time.

* There's also an interesting new bug where if you have focus follows mouse
switched on and a window at the bottom left of the screen, it keeps stealing
the focus from the kicker menu and making it disappear.

Thanks

Jeremy