File a bug against what?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Feb 20 13:08:30 UTC 2009

Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> Sorry, I don't get this "unmaintained <-> bad" logic. Sure, there is a
> finite probability that something unmaintained will turn bad at some
> point. But from our experience, I sadly admit that something
> well-maintained may also turn bad.
>
> Whenever there's demand, there should be supply.

"Should" is the key here.  How opensource ecosystem usually works... is
that demand implies someone has an itch to scratch, which also implies
someone (with said itch) steps up to do the work of scratching.

One can't expect scratches from folk that don't have a vested interest
in the itch.  It's as simple as that.

-- Rex