weird artifact appearing in my upper right screen

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Sun Feb 22 04:20:37 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 15:57:25 Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> even better! ;)
> >
> > Don't you go off on that jag, Rex!
>
> admonishment taken.  I just have to be honest that I can't afford to
> take too seriously issues where nvidia drivers are involved.  Too much
> tasted effort over time, nothing personal.

All sort of ailments have been plaguing me, so I'm just now able to reply. I
don't think I have an nVidia problem except for the weird artifact. John and
Tejas hit it - I turned off "Show FPS" and that got rid of it.

However, I was unable to run much of KDE all afternoon, and when I could,
KMail was crashing every few moments, usually when I'd try to highlight a part
of a message; it was also repeatedly refusing to display the preview pane and
I would have to go into settings and uncheck/check that feature; plasma
crashes every time I start - and on and on... I'm writing this message with
KMail but in Gnome, and I'm not experiencing any of the aforementioned
problems...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD