Akonadi backwards compatibility (was: Re: weird artifact appearing in my upper right screen)

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sun Feb 22 19:57:16 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009 18:30:43 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Clive Messer wrote:
> > Akonadi wouldn't start for me after updating f10 from
> > kde-redhat-unstable. I think this was due to the change to its mysql db
> > size.
>
> Well, then unfortunately this looks like we have to revert this change and
> stay with the original default size forever. Having to delete all your PIM
> data is not an acceptable solution.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Try this..,

System Settings ->  Advanced -> Akondi Configuration -> Akondi Server
Configuration

Uncheck Use Internal MySQL executable.
Click on Restart
Check Use Internal MySQL executable.
Click on Restart

Oh... By the way. Clicking on test produces an warning in the maysql server
log which when selectected and then the hyperlink is opened and openoffice
opens reports

090222 21:48:09  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 148366
090222 21:48:09 [Warning] Can't open and lock time zone table: Table
'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist trying to live without them
090222 21:48:09 [Note] /usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.67-log'  socket:
'/home/eli/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket'  port: 0  Source
distribution

Any thoughts.

Eli

believed to be clean.