Message expiry problem

Andreas Petzold Andreas.Petzold at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Wed Feb 25 19:23:20 UTC 2009

Hi Anne,

Quoting Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:

> I use Expiry on most of my (IMAP) folders.  On less important ones, expiry
> permanently deletes messages.  That works fine.  More important
> folders, I set
> the expiry to move them to server/Trash, where they stay a little longer
> before being permanently deleted.  At least, that has always worked before.
> Now I'm seeing, on the F10 netbook "Moving old messages from folder
> KDE-fedora
> to folder Trash failed".
>
> My 4.1.3 laptop can still expire them, so although I've not been
> aware of when
> this started it's probably quite recent.

I'm running kmail 1.11.0 with kde 4.2 on F10 and moving messages
(expiry) is still working for me. To test it, I changed the expiry
behaviour of one of my imap folders from delete to move (to an imap
forlder) and it moved the messages just fine.

I don't have the latest akonadi update installed (still using
akonadi-1.1.1-3.fc10.i386) but I doubt this has anything to do with
the problem you have seen.

Cheers,

Andreas