KDE does not recognize PDF anymore

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 27 06:16:29 UTC 2009

RDB wrote:
> Out of desperation, I re-installed AdobeReader_enu via RPM. And suddenly
> KPDF works again, and KDE recognize PDF again. But still, What In The
> World Happened ?

Adobe Reader mucks with the PDF mimetype settings and breaks things. Usually
it happens when you install it (but uninstalling does not fix it), it's
strange that for you it happens when uninstalling only.

In any case, Fedora 8 is no longer supported and it's time to upgrade.
Incidentally that would also most likely "fix" your problem because KDE 4
uses different mimetype settings.

And hopefully this will teach you to leave your hands off broken proprietary
software which breaks your system next time.

        Kevin Kofler