KDE4 FTP client

Ravi lists_ravi at lavabit.com
Fri Feb 27 17:13:03 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 11:27:32 Rex Dieter wrote:
> >   Is there a KDE4 FTP client? As far as I can tell, the FTP kioslave from
> > KDE3 has not been ported over to KDE4.
>
> I think you're mistaken.  ftp:// urls work fine for me in konq/dolphin

Interesting. Here's what I see when trying to connect to
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com (which works fine with firefox) using
konqueror:
-----
The requested operation could not be completed
Access Denied

Details of the Request:
Date and Time: Friday 27 February 2009 12:08
Additional Information: smb://download.fedora.redhat.com

Access was denied to the specified resource, ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com.
-----

The only issue I see that the additional information uses the smb kioslave. Is
that normal? I couldn't find anything on b.k.o. I am using
kdelibs-4.2.0-15.fc10.x86_64 on F10 with everything up to date. I can see that
kio_ftp.so exists in /usr/lib64/kde4.

Regards,
Ravi