kwalletmanager always requests a password at login

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:17:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> On Friday 02 January 2009, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
>> On F10 (using the kde-redhat packages), just after logging in,
>> kwalletmanager always pops up and asks for a password. Is there any
>> way to figure out what's asking for this password and how to make it
>> stop?
>
> Are you sure it's kwalletmanager and not gnome-keyring-daemon (which is used
> by the GNOME nm-applet which is still the default in F10)?

I don't think so -- NetworkManager connects successfully (using a
stored WPA password), and *then* the dialogue box pops up. Although
this only happens on my husband's laptop and not mine, and on my
computer NetworkManager also fails to remember passwords, so there
could possibly be some relationship ...

I have a screenshot of the dialogue box if anyone cares (can't send it
to the list because it's too big)

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München