kmail crashes

Ravi lists_ravi at lavabit.com
Tue Jan 13 16:00:02 UTC 2009

On Monday 12 January 2009 21:51:30 Bob Cavey wrote:
> Sometimes  messages will downloaded up to three times for one
> e-mail with no attachemnts. Since October, Kmail has just given me fits in
> Fedora 8 and even in the upgrade to Fedora 10 has showed no improvement.
> IMAP in kmail has issues for sure, I just recently search for open kmail
> bugs relating to IMAP in kmail back to 1.9 and the count was about 160.  I
> am talking to an exchange server and have to use SSL so a trace was not
> possible, every morning I'd come in to work it would take kmail up to 30
> minutes to get sync'd up.

For another point of reference, here is my experience. I am currently using
KMail on F10 (and until recently, on F8) with four accounts: one IMAP over SSL
to an exchange server, one GMail, one IMAP over SSL to a proprietary server
and one POP. I have had no difficulty with any of these for at least a year
(F8-F10). The only (minor) glitch I have is that the IMAP from the proprietary
server shows two inboxes whose contents are the same.

Regards,
Ravi