kpilot

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Jan 14 23:25:27 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 4:54:35 pm Kevin Kofler wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2009, freeslkr wrote:
> > I had seen several months ago on at least one of the fedora
> > lists that kpilot was to be restored to KDE 4.2 (in place of
> > a non-stable kitchensync). As kpilot doesn't seem to be in
> > the 4.2 release candidate, I have my doubts. Does anyone on
> > this list have more information? Thank you.
>
> Missing BuildRequires in our packages:
> -- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
> -- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
> + pilot-link, 0.12 or higher: Pilot-link Development Library
> <http://www.pilot-link.org/>
> Needed for KPilot.
> + libmal, 0.40 or higher: libmal Development Library
> <http://jasonday.home.att.net/code/libmal>
> Needed for KPilot's Avantgo conduit.
>
> Assuming KPilot is here to stay (and won't get dropped in the last minute), we
> should add those BuildRequires to our packages to get it.

Yes, please provide KPilot with Fedora.
It should be working well for KDE 4.2 RC1 and is planned to have
a full life ahead of it for the forseeable future in KDE 4.2 and above.

I just spoke directly to the KPilot developers.  They are looking
for developers and testers.  So try kpilot in the 4.2 release candidates
and provide bug reports/feature wishes/etc.

-Allen, KDEPIM Module Coordinator