worst release ever?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Thu Jan 15 12:17:27 UTC 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 11:54:12 Neal Becker wrote:
> I hate to say it, but at this point (4.2rc1) this is the least stable kde
> I've seen.  kmail is now crashing repeatably.  Akonadi crashes every time I
> open my calendar.  I hope it's not released like this.

As far as I can see your major complain is the kdepim, right?
Or do you have other problems?

When I change to calendar I see a warning regarding akonadi but it does not
crashes kontact.

What follows is my own take on this issue.

My personal testimony is that this is one of the most where kontact (mostly
kmail) least crashes. Really. I am quite happy with kde 4.2. :-)

The configuration issues is one the places where I would like to see a better
support by kde. It would be nice to be able to migrate the settings from one
machine to another without having to copy ~/.kde and without carrying all the
cruft that is accumulated over the years.

Sometimes it almost feels like we are throwing the baby with the water when I
start a fresh instance to avoid the above problems.
--
José Abílio