Could/should the new nvidia driver be added to the release candidate live release ?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jan 16 18:44:29 UTC 2009

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> b) nVidia is only half the problem.

No, it's not. The bug is in their driver, so they have to fix it.

In the Free Software world, we strongly believe that issues should be fixed
where the real problem lies, not hacked around. (And in addition, it is not
clear to me that such a workaround is possible at all, as the driver
appears to fail on basic XRender 2D primitives.) Proprietary driver
manufacturers have to accept that this is the model of the platform, they
can't offload their bugs on application developers who didn't cause it.
Again: COMPLAIN TO NVIDIA (IT'S A BUG IN THE NVIDIA DRIVER!!!) AND F***ING
LEAVE US IN PEACE! And/or go use Ubuntu if you think Fedora sucks that
much.

> Its really too bad that their drivers don't work, but that is the
> environment that KDE is working with.

No, it's not. It's the environment you're trying to shoehorn it in.

        Kevin Kofler