kdebase-workspace from testing breaks plasma

Jeff Anderson jdanderson at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 19 15:52:42 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Jeff Anderson wrote:
>>> Ever since then plasma refuses to start, failing at
>>> plasma: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib64/kde4/plasma_wallpaper_image.so:
>>> undefined symbol:
>>> _ZN6Plasma16PackageStructure21setAllowExternalPathsEb
>>
>> kdelibs needs updating as well. Rex?
>
> Right a matching kdelibs update is required too.  They're both in the
> repos: $ rpm -q kdelibs kdebase-workspace
> kdelibs-4.1.96-9.fc10.x86_64
> kdebase-workspace-4.1.96-4.fc10.x86_64
>
> -- Rex

Hi Rex:

I see it now.  I've been doing 'yum groupupdate kde-desktop' to avoid
pulling in lots of other testing things that I didn't want.  But somehow
that doesn't update kdelibs.  Shouldn't it?

Here's from  a few minutes ago:
[root]# rpm -q kdelibs
kdelibs-4.1.96-5.fc10.x86_64

[root]# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing,kde-testing groupupdate kde-
desktop
No packages in any requested group available to install or update

Then if I do
 [root]# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing,kde-testing install kdelibs

I get the new version.

I guess it is something related to yum and the meaning of 'groupupdate'
that I didn't understand.

Thanks,
Jeff Anderson