Autostarting unwanted gnome applets

Jeffrey D Anderson jdanderson at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 20 22:18:10 UTC 2009

I'm running the latest KDE from kde-testing:
kdebase-4.1.96-1.fc10.x86_64, etc

I notice that every time I restart my desktop nm-applet and
guidance-power-manager restart.  I'm also running the kdenetwork applet and
the battery manager plasmoid, and don't think I need these gnome applets,
but I can't figure out how to get rid of them.  I can quit them, but they
always restart.

There are no entries in ~/.kde/Autostart, nor are there any listings in
the "Autostart" portion of systemsettings.  Session management seems to be
working in general, in that normal applications are restarted if and only
if they were running when I logged out last.  But these two applets seem
impossible to kill.

Am I right in thinking that I don't need them, and if so, how do I keep them
from starting (short of removing them from my system altogether?).

Jeff Anderson