Linkage problem with kde 4.2 and plasmoids

Rob Hall dvs at shamanhq.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 23:44:21 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 23:12:42 Florian Sievert wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> > What version of KDE were they written for? If they were written for 4.1,
> > they need to be ported, 4.2's libplasma has API changes (this should be
> > the last time, from now on libplasma should be backwards source and
> > binary compatible).
>
> I was pretty sure that there was no API changed in plasma was planed for
> KDE 4.2, nor did I notice any mail on the lists. However this should
> explain why it doesn't work. Thanks for the fast answer.

The changes aren't to the API. In 4.2 CMake detection of Plasma and the
library variables have changed. There's no longer a requirement for
find_package(Plasma REQUIRED) and the target_link_libraries used to be
${PLASMA_LIBS} where as it's ${KDE4_PLASMA_LIBS}.

I've compiled and used a number of 'older' plasmoids without issue once I
updated the  CMakeLists.txt

Regards,

Rob