[Article] KDE 4.2 Review From Inside Out. Part 2: Applications

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 24 07:15:14 UTC 2009

On Saturday 24 January 2009 08:56:02 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Eli Wapniarski
>
> <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org> wrote:
> > On Friday 23 January 2009 22:28:40 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >>tml
> >>
> >> I can't say I really agree with the KMail part, but we'll see.
> >
> > I do... There have been huge performance improvements with the new kmail.
> > I'm just amazed at how quick things are now.
>
> Where are you using the Kmail 4? On F9, I still have Kmail 3.5.  I
> find the interface fairly cluttered.

kdepim 4.1.96 which includes kontact 1.3 kmail 1.11.0 on Fedora 10.

I've been using kontact for quite some time. I like it much better than
evolution which is a system hog, and while the applicaiton itself may be quick
it slows down the rest of my system.

I like the integration of stuff. Calendarm, todos, contact list, mail etc.
Now, retrieval of email in kmail in kde 3 was slow. Big big improvement in kde
4.

Eli

believed to be clean.