KMail part-fixed, knetworkmanager broken

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 25 17:41:50 UTC 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 16:23:08 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > With the latest updates the problem of crashing when entering certain
> > folders has gone.  There are still gpg issues.   More importantly,
> > knetworkmanager is now broken.  Since NetworkManager-gnome was
> > problematic for me this is a catastrophe.
>
> I don't really understand that, because knetworkmanager is KDE 3 code, it
> should not be affected by the KDE 4 changes at all.
>
> How is it broken?

Kevin & Claude - I can't find what's wrong.  It worked perfectly before the
update.  Now the cog spins and the tiny progress bar sits at halfway, then it
disappears.  I tried deleting the connection and creating a new one.  It
immediately offered me my network, accepted my key, but then the same thing
happened when I tried to connect.

Kevin - could wpa be affected?