KMail part-fixed, knetworkmanager broken

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:57:14 UTC 2009

On Monday 26 January 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 25 January 2009 22:37:14 Claude Jones wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 January 2009 13:58:13 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > This is following a reboot :-(  I can't believe that it's a driver
> > > issue, when it was working so well before this update.  The driver is
> > > kernel-provided, and that hasn't been touched.  It's not making any
> > > sense to me at the moment.
> >
> > You're not alone - something strange there - I'm thinking about it, but
> > no further ideas are coming. Are you sure your radio is on? It should be
> > turned on automatically when you reboot, even if you've managed to turn
> > it off, but, you never know...are we talking about your ASUS?
>
> The Acer Aspire One, yes.  I'm connected this morning.  This reminds me of
> the problem I had with NetworkManager-gnome - when it lost connection it
> could not re-connect.  In fact it couldn't see the network at all.  Just
> the same as I saw last night.  I'll see what happens today.
>
> Anne
Have you rebooted since seeing non-functioning driver or reloaded the driver?
At random (with low probability) I get this.  I just reload the kernel driver
and then it works.  Also with some probability, sometimes I notice I
accidentally switch the wireless off with the physical switch :)  The latter
seems to require restarting NM to notice the switch is turned on (it
shouldn't, but it does).