Ooops, we made Linus leave : (choices and punishment)

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 01:02:53 UTC 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 06:28:35 Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> Why is Fedora partially to blame. It has been plagued with, IMHO, with a
> bad case of jump on the "latest must be greatest" bandwagon and releasing
> as final, software that is clearly not ready for prime time. The latest
> round of this started with Fedora 9 and Xorg 1.5 BETA. KDE 4. And this
> group think problem has on and off plagued  Redhat releases since version
> 8. If the software isn't ready then it isn't ready.

In the early days when Fedora still was Redhat - I'm speaking of Redhat 4.x -
there was a unspoken rule that uneven number versions were unstable and even
stable. Compare this with the kernel development in the old days. I ever used
the stable versions :-) With Fedora the sub-numbering was gone. Maybe now we
have it back. Fedora 9 unstable, Fedora 10 stable. What will bring Fedora 11?

P.S. EOL of Fedora 8 is less then a month - 2009-01-07 - ago and we now have a
very stable KDE desktop IMHO.

Martin Kho