When is Konqueror going to become a real browser ? Why hasn't it matured ?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Tue Jan 27 17:06:02 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 16:52:28 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I knew that... I was hoping someone had an inside scoop or reason why
> its the way it is.

Several of us have (probably) some ideas why that has happened, on the other
hand your preamble will turn us way from giving any kind of answer.

For example what do you understand as a real browser? Do (e)links, lynx or
dillo (among others) qualify? If the they don't qualify why are there users
using them to browse the net?

If you define a real browser as browser that deals with all the pages, then I
am sorry but there aren't any. No single browser deals with all pages (imagine
those IE-only pages, as an example) so there are no real browsers. QED.

--
José Abílio