When is Konqueror going to become a real browser ? Why hasn't it matured ?

Lukáš Tinkl ltinkl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 18:33:29 UTC 2009

Dne Tuesday 27. of January 2009 19:26:13 Linuxguy123 napsal(a):
> On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 17:06 +0000, José Matos wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 January 2009 16:52:28 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > > I knew that... I was hoping someone had an inside scoop or reason why
> > > its the way it is.
> >
> > Several of us have (probably) some ideas why that has happened, on the
> > other hand your preamble will turn us way from giving any kind of answer.
> >
> > For example what do you understand as a real browser? Do (e)links, lynx
> > or dillo (among others) qualify? If the they don't qualify why are there
> > users using them to browse the net?
> >
> > If you define a real browser as browser that deals with all the pages,
> > then I am sorry but there aren't any. No single browser deals with all
> > pages (imagine those IE-only pages, as an example) so there are no real
> > browsers. QED.
>
> When will Konqueror work as well as Firefox does as far as handling
> webpages without errors ?

I think José explained quite well your twisted perception of how the "real"
browser should look like. I for one know of many webpages that work correctly
in Konqueror but fail miserably in Firefox; guess why? Because these pages
were designed for IE only

--
Lukáš Tinkl <ltinkl at redhat.com>
Software Engineer