ok, who broke 4.1/F10?

Thomas Davis tdavis at beeble.homelinux.net
Wed Jan 28 19:00:10 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Thomas Davis wrote:
>> Rex Dieter wrote:

>>> disable binary nvidia driver, and try again?
>>>
>> still occurs using xorg nv.
>
>  From your last update (on the 27th), I only see kernel, PackageKit,
> selinux related updates.  maybe try the combo of booting to an older
> kernel + temporarilty disabling/permissive'izing selinux?

2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64 does not do it.

So, the latest kernel - 2.6.27.12-170.2.5 - blows something up.

Waiting to click 'ok' several minutes also makes
everything work..

Wait, I just realized, I don't boot them the same - this
laptop has 4GB of ram, which means ath9k does not work on it, so
I bring it down to 3gb.  I'll try that.

wierd.

thomas