kdelibs & ntfs

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jan 30 01:54:59 UTC 2009

dexter wrote:
> short plead: I need to access ntfs drives can you apply the patch
>
> long drone: kde-testing hasn't had the patch applied in this recent
> phase but 4.1x in F10/9 has (thanks kevin) so imagine my surprise when
> 4.2 from soon to be in F10/9 could not read ntfs drives.

Grrr, somebody commented out the patch instead of rediffing it. The CVS
history blames Than's 4.1.80 merge.

Folks, NEVER comment out a patch. If you must, REMOVE it so at least I have
a chance to notice that it's missing. (In fact, when the 4.1.3 version had
the NTFS part of the patch missing, I checked Rawhide, but noticed
everything's still there. Of course I didn't notice that line which applies
the patch (and ONLY that line, not the PatchN: tag) was commented out!)
Removing the PatchN: tag for patches which are not applied also saves space
in the SRPM.

But a patch should be rediffed, not removed or commented out!

        Kevin Kofler