gpg-agent startup/shutdown

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jan 30 19:04:53 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> Rex, some time ago you told me the best way to start gpg-agent under Fedora.
> Unfortunately I can't find the message, and I have problems with agent on the
> F10 netbook and the newly repaired CentOS 5.2 box.  If you could tell me again
> I'll make sure that it is easily found -  a gpg page has been started on
> userbase, so I could put it there.

Here's what we use:
https://fedorahosted.org/kde-settings/browser/trunk/etc/kde/env/gpg-agent-startup.sh
https://fedorahosted.org/kde-settings/browser/trunk/etc/kde/shutdown/gpg-agent-shutdown.sh

gnupg2's packaging in epel currently includes these too, but I'm
waffling on whether to continue that or not (we went away from that in
fedora awhile ago, in favor of support in the kde-settings pkg).

-- Rex