Could Be a Really Really Dumb Question

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 18:20:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Kevin Kofler  wrote:
> Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> Another one from me:
>>
>> Why did my HOME button (on the keyboard, next to INSERT) stop working
>> with KDE4.2? Switching the keyboard layout doesn't help at all.
>> My HOME button works in tty but not in KDE4.2
>
> Check your keyboard type in systemsettings, it should be set to "evdev
> managed keyboard".
>
>        Kevin Kofler

I don't know where to set the  "evdev managed keyboard". But I
remembered that we had a "system-config-keyboard".
That one showed "Arabic (azerty)" for some reason. I corrected that
and now my HOME button  is working again.

Why doesn't system-settings override what system-config-keyboard sets?

Orcan