No more kdict, but is this possible...?

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sun Jul 5 21:26:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 02:57:57PM -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> I read an article on Linux Magazine that praises this program,
> goldendict, as a KDE alternative to stardict.
> Here is their website: http://goldendict.berlios.de.
> Would this ever enter fedora or fedora via kde-redhat?

I have downloaded the tarball and a quick review yields:

 - It doesn't build on F11/x86_64

 - It does ship with a patched version of libzip - this is a no-no for
     getting it into fedora

 - According to the website it only supportx x86/x86_64 - Fedora (still)
     has ppc/ppc64 as primary architectures so it should work there too.

So it could probably enter fedora at some point but there is still some
work left before that can happen. I've CC'ed upstream on this email -
maybe he has some ideas on solving the issues.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net