NM Password Problem

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:14:18 UTC 2009

NetworkManager works fine, except...

In Gnome, a window pops up, asking for my password, which then connects
the wireless internet. In KDE, as root, the same occurs, but in KDE, as me,
that window does not show up. Instead, a different window, namely the one
that asks the type of wireless security and the actual passphrase of the
wireless router (I think this is the wpa_supplicant window) shows up.

It all used to work, right up until about a week ago, when I started having
to enter the wireless passphrase instead of my... uh, what is it, security
password for pam? for who knows what? that NM uses.

I have ksshaskpass installed and linked in .kde/Autostart, if that is
significant.