Kmail just disappears

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:44:57 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009 12:38:59 Claude Jones wrote:
> I've had this happen with individual messages. One message would be
> problematic, and it was a real pain to get around (I'd have to find a way
> to mark it read  without entering the folder or some such...) I can't say
> what fixed the issue, but, I would guess it may have been an update.

FWIW, I had this problem with a particular message.  The big problem was that
every time I tried to start it the cursor was on the bad message.  The way I
got around the problem was to edit ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc, [Behaviour]
section, setting ActionEnterFolder=SelectFirstNew - which puts me onto a
different message.  Then I read all messages in the folder apart from the bad
one, and used the Folder context menu to mark all messages read.