Google Gadgets broken?

Jeffrey D Anderson jdanderson at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 25 18:19:56 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Jeffrey D Anderson wrote:
>> That did it.  I guess there was a packaging change between the testing
>> version and the release version?
>
> We split it into a subpackage in the 4.2.1 upgrade. We should really have
> done back in the 4.2.0 update, but we can't really change the past. ;-)

> don't want any proprietary web gadgets on my desktop!
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I'm not sure I understand.  I thought the google gadgets framework was open
source, released under the Apache license.

That said, I haven't really found any gadgets that I've decided to keep on
my desktop for more than a day or two.  I guess it's a matter of getting
used to the whole plasmoid dashboard versus application thing.

Jeff Anderson