KMess rpm?

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Wed May 27 08:24:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 08:54:20 +0200, Diego <panda84 at inwind.it> wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> Is anybody willing to create a spec file for KMess 2.0 beta2? It would
> be really nice to have it in kde-unstable, it's by far one of the most
> active MSN clones out there and its development pace is ultra-rapid!
> It's a real pain that no rpm is available for Fedora.

I quote;

<snip>

Building a KMess package

The rpmbuild command is suitable for distibutions using the RPM package
format. This includes distributions like SuSE, Mandriva, Redhat and Fedora.
A KMess RPM package can be created with the command:

rpmbuild -tb kmess-<version>.tar.gz

The rpmbuild command runs a full source-based installation, but builds a
package instead of installing KMess. The final package can be found in a
subfolder of /usr/src/packages/ or /usr/src/rpm/. You can use that package
to install KMess.

If you have a clean, newly-installed system, without any KDE upgrades, you
can share the package with others. Make sure users can always download the
source package too, as required by the GPL license. However, we recommend
to use our KMess Installer whenever possible.

Tip: when you install the autopackage-devel tools before building the RPM
package, the rpm spec script uses apbuild to create a cleaner binary.

/end quote;

Good luck! :)

> Regards,
> Diego
>
> P.S.: thanks for you work KDE-Sig: KDE in Fedora is progressing day by
day!

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies