Has Anybody Seen Bug Fixes for Anything?

Ben Boeckel MathStuf at gmail.com
Sun May 31 06:59:44 UTC 2009

wrote:

>> People use browsers, word processors, games, email client,
im clients etc. The first app that
>> gets opened makes the desktop disappear. If the apps don't
work what good is the desktop other
>> than to look pretty but dumb. I do not need my desktop or
apps to be a huge blonde moment (male
>> or female take your pick). I need to get the things done. If
kde developers want to jerk around
>> they're bored and get things half finished and then say
brand new here it is. This whole process
>> has been one the least professional processes I have been
through in computing in a very long
>> time. (Fedora / KDE people notwithstanding in this tirade
they as usual do a superb job) then
>> ignore their user base, well then there will be defection.
 Which by the way I am seriously
>> considering and trust me when I say this is painful for me
since I have been a loyal and
>> passionate kde user for years as Rex can attest. But enough
is enough. If I wanted to install
>> super karamba I would have installed super karamb a. Now KDE
has pushed it down my throat in the
>> form of plasmoids the very least they could do is have the
thing work the way it should.

>> 4.3 is a personal milestone for me. After a tirade like this
one, to be fair I will wait till
>> 4.4 and leave without a whisper (I'm sure some are saying
yea!!! :)  ) . KDE either works the
>> way it should or I will have to go elsewhere.
>>

>> Thanks for Listening :)
>>
>> Eli
>>

> Re desktop apps
>
> A significant number of KDE users don't seem to like
Konqueror as is.
> Very very few web designers seem to be testing again KHTML.
So I
> believe Konqueror + KHMTL is going to be harmful to KDE for
quite some
> time.
Until another browser comes along that integrates as well into
the KDE experience, it's default here. Also, it can't use more
than 20MB of RAM on startup. I think I'll be waiting for quite
a while ;) .

- --Ben