Eclipse in KDE

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:28:23 UTC 2009

Across two versions of Fedora now (F10,F11) I have had problems with
keyboard shortcut usage of copy,cut,paste in Eclipse -- and as far as
I know, only Eclipse. My initial Googling suggests that this only
happens in KDE, and the only real solution I have come across so far
is disabling Klipper, which I rather not do. Anyone have a better
solution to the problem? Do I need to file a bug somewhere?

The exact problem is that the shortcuts (seemingly) fail to trigger
their associated actions. Example, Ctrl+C fails to copy the selected
text. Right-click then selecting 'Copy' always seems to work however.

It is quite an annoying problem to have in an IDE.

--
Fedora 11
(www.pembo13.com)