PyKDE and PyQt broken in rawhide?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Nov 19 03:23:10 UTC 2009

Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> I built frescobaldi (python application) in all F-10 through rawhide
> (F-13). All of them built with the same SPEC file, except the rawhide
> build [1] failed

All Qt-using packages in Rawhide which have been previously built against
4.6 beta 1 (not against 4.5, those should be fine!) need to be rebuilt (in
reverse dependency order) due to an ABI change between 4.6 beta 1 and 4.6 RC
1. Backwards ABI compatibility is not guaranteed for unstable releases of
Qt. PyQt4 and PyKDE4 (kdebindings) have simply not been rebuilt yet.

        Kevin Kofler