kde-4.3.3 to stable updates, kde-4.3.75 to rawhide

Martin kHo lists.kho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 11:16:04 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 04:22:39 Ben Boeckel wrote:
> Martin Kho wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> >> Builds for 4.3.75 have been sent off for everything except for
>
> kdebindings.
>
> >>  For those who like to watch buildsystems cry:
> >> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1827790
> >
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for the exciting work. Not sure if you already want feedback on
> > this one - it's still pre, pre, pre alpha -, but installing it sucks in a
> > lot of devel and a few i686 packages (kdelibs, kdepim?). I've installed
> > it on a x86_64 system. So the build systems not only cried, but they also
> > have
>
> choked
>
> > :-)
>
> Yeah, the stuff in koji at the moment is a little off (kdenetwork is still
> missing IIRC). I have a repo here that I used as the source for the local
> mock builds which is just missing kdebindings, but it may not get updated
> until after fudcon due to time.
>
> The build failure was due to me forgetting to upload the kdepim tarball to
> the lookaside cache :/ .

Hi Ben,

It wasn't your build that failed. libxkbfile was the quarrel maker. On my
system I had an 'old' version from F12 (1.0.6-1.1) which was newer then the
F13 version (1.0.6-1). Forcing the F13 version solved the problems with the
kde update.

Thanks again for your good and exciting work.

Martin Kho