SELinux issues with F12 and KDE

Matthew matthew.lavigne at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 17:29:07 UTC 2009

I am consistently getting SELinux notifications like the following:

SELInux is preventing /usr/libexec/kde4/kscreenlocker from making the
program stack executable.

I have also had it for kdm_greeter, kdm, xauth and all are since the
upgrade.  I am wondering if anyone has any similar issues or thoughts
on where the problem is coming from..  I can move SELinux so
permissive mode but that is not really a longterm solution to me.

If I take the action that is in the sealert (/var/log/messages) it
will work until the next reboot and then it is back out in the weeds
(assuming that I dont' permanently set SELinux to permissive).

Any thoughts on this would be great or  I will have to go with a
reload which while a pain is not impossible.

Thanks.

Matthew Lavigne